[mythtv-users] Intet NUC as frontend?

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Thu Nov 7 22:41:34 UTC 2013

> -For HD I can't say as Intel DH67BL mobo don't allows to set Video
>memory bigger than 256M - so launching HD content causes frontend to
>crash after 0.5-1sec of playback (BTW: knows anybody any way to increase
>video memory on this mobo?)
>-myth deinterlacers are set to 'none' - but surprisingly I can't notice
>classical interlacing video artifacts on picture (so maybe 2.21.15 Intel
>drivers or mythtv have deinterlacing by default?)

Hmmm...that scares me a bit.  I don't understand much about the "HD4000" - but from your post and what I've read on mfg sites, there is no GPU....this is the CPU doing the graphics.  If the mobo/firmware limits you to 256M then these NUC's won't be useful for  HD.

Could you elaborate on the crashes?  Does this mean a thumbs down on these NUC's?