[mythtv-users] Intet NUC as frontend?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 22:02:48 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Mike's JdJ <stepsisters at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 11/06/2013 09:16 AM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

> I am using an Intel DC3217IYR NUC as a Front End and I like to watch at
> Time Stretch of up to 2X.  No problem (Mythbuntu 32 bit with 4 gigabytes
> RAM).
>
> Note that only one HDMI port carries audio and the video is very fussy
> (DRM?) about what it will deliver to.  It refuses to talk to my Olevia TVs.
>  My LG TV (LM 6700) has to be On and the HDMI port selected before I boot
> the Intel DC3217IYR, otherwise it hangs.

That latter point is unsurprising. The computer needs to read the EDID info
from the TV when it starts X. Therefore the TV needs to be on.

There are ways (on nvidia anyway) to download and store the EDID file on
the computer, then refer to the EDID fole in xorg.conf. Then the TV doesn't
need to be on when X starts. Whether Intel has this facility I do not know.