[mythtv-users] firmware for the HVR-1800 (vrs. the 2250)

Paul Wootton pwootton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 17:29:12 UTC 2013

On 7 Nov 2013, at 16:47, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:

> Doug Lyle:
>

> OK, what's up now?
> I have a suspicion that since I have MythBuntu installed, and not the entire Ubuntu package, that MAYBE the program called "unzip" is not available.  Am I anywhere near correct?
>

> LP

Yes, basically correct; either the unzip executable isn't in your PATH (unlikely); or unzip isn't part of the core ubuntu package - which you did install as part of mythbuntu.   To install unzip try

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unzip

and then try your shell script again.

I'm assuming you know about sudo.

In this instance unzip is part of the unzip package; generally you can see what package you need to install by running an 'apt-cache search', i.e.

sudo apt-cache search unzip

which gives a list of possible packages that contain unzip.  Of those listed 'unzip' seems the most likely
-- Paul --