[mythtv-users] overriding DPI only for myth

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Nov 7 13:45:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was having problems with mythfrontend 0.26 (on Fedora 19) when
displayed the frontend in a window (i.e. on my desktop, not full-screen)
where when playing an SD recording in a window that is widescreen sized
(854x480) the "pillar"s on the sides of the 4:3 recording were really
wide and the recording was horizontally compressed.  I was also seeing
horizontally compressed fonts in the menus.

So, to rectify, I set the DPI of my X server to 100 x 100.  Witht that
DPI setting everything looks normal again.

But ultimately, I don't want to lie to everything else on my desktop
about what the real DPI of the monitor is.  Ultimately I want X to
calculate it as it was before I overrode it to 100 x 100.

So the question is, can I remove the 100 x 100 override from my
xorg.conf and somehow force only mythfrontend to using a 100 x 100 DPI?

I'm using an NVidia card (8400 GS) with VDPAU in case that's relevant.

Cheers,
b.