[mythtv-users] Intet NUC as frontend?

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 02:16:04 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM, Stephen P. Villano <
stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/13 8:26 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Mike's JdJ <stepsisters at comcast.net>wrote:
>

>> On 11/06/2013 09:16 AM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

>> I am using an Intel DC3217IYR NUC as a Front End and I like to watch at
>> Time Stretch of up to 2X.  No problem (Mythbuntu 32 bit with 4 gigabytes
>> RAM).
>>
>> Note that only one HDMI port carries audio and the video is very fussy
>> (DRM?) about what it will deliver to.  It refuses to talk to my Olevia TVs.
>>  My LG TV (LM 6700) has to be On and the HDMI port selected before I boot
>> the Intel DC3217IYR, otherwise it hangs.
>>
>> I was going to buy three of the NUCs, but only using one because of these
>> problems.

> Have you checked out the GigaByte Brix?
>
>  http://www.gigabyte.us/products/list.aspx?s=47&ck=104
>
>  This is what I am considering for other frontends.
>
>  --
> My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>

>  Boy, does that manufacturer's site stink.
> As does many others.  :/
>
> List models, copy and paste generalities and zero specifics.
> Chase a potential customer away, due to product advertisement by
> labyrinthine methods.
> One ponders learning how said site managers hired their webmaster/PR type.
> Just to avoid hiring such incompetents.
>
> Sorry, venting frustration. Looked like a nice unit, but the page stinks,
> as so many other vendor sites stink for product specifics and differences
> between multiple models of the product line.
> There are times I honestly think that these companies say, "No! We do not
> WANT money! We want (the method or other effort) to suck, to chase away
> those pesky customers!
> The rest of the time, I think, "Hire the incompetent, they work
> cheaper".   :/

I know, not the greatest site.  But the units look decent, especially the
new haswell models.

I would have just posted the amazon link for the search results, but I have
been chastised for posting that kind of stuff on here before :)
--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>