[mythtv-users] firmware for the HVR-1800 (vrs. the 2250)

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Wed Nov 6 19:05:35 UTC 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 12:50 PM, George Nassas wrote:

> On 2013-11-06, at 1:01 PM, Leif Pihl wrote:
>
>> I'm in the process of rebuilding my MythBuntu box from scratch.

>> - How do I "run the script" ?
>
> That’s an awfully basic question for someone who is attempting to build a linux server from scratch and expects to end up with many, many moving parts all working together in synchrony.

Very true.

> The last time you were posting someone in the same city as you offered assistance, maybe you should pursue that opening for advice and direction.
>
> Also, from the last round it wasn’t clear what you were trying to record and how or if it was even possible.

The goal is to have the (limited) CATV service that we do subscribe to connected to the 2250, and the Attic's Antenna connected to the 1800, with a grand total of THREE DIGITAL tuners (excluding the 1800's Analog tuner).

I _THINK_ that some of the errors last time occurred because I only had half the firmware installed (i.e.: the 2250, and not the 1800).

There was another issue as well, but family and work like got in the way of continuing the process, so I can't recall the details of the 2nd problem.

> Have you sorted out those questions? The answer affects what firmware you need.
>
> In any case when you have a script in a file you can run it by entering “sh” and then the name of the script or the path to it. For example:
>
> 	sh /tmp/something.i.downloaded.sh

To quote Homer Simpson:   "Doh!"
I'd already learned that, and forgot it.
I hope the better notes I keeping this time helps in the long run.