[mythtv-users] firmware for the HVR-1800 (vrs. the 2250)

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Wed Nov 6 16:38:09 UTC 2013

I'm in the process of rebuilding my MythBuntu box from scratch.

It has two Tuner cards, the Hauppauge
WinTV-HVR 1800   and
WinTV-HVR 2250.

In regards to installing the firmware, I have previously been advised to do the following commands:
   cd /lib/firmware
   sudo wget http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/firmwares/4019072/NXP7164-2010-03-10.1.fw

HOWEVER, this seems to only be "pointing" towards a location for the 2250 firmware alone.

The related sub-webpage, at URL:  "http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr1800/" doesn't seem to have a ready-to-go file to download.  (I have a vague memory of having tried and failed to derive the firmware on my own.)

the QUESTION:
Can anyone suggest a similar command and/or web site to download the firmware for the 1800?

.