[mythtv-users] Alternatives to lossless transcode

mark perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 02:33:24 UTC 2013

On 05/11/13 10:45, mark wrote:
> On 02/11/13 02:31, John Finlay wrote:
>>>
>>> No, we had no intention of adding DRM/"lock in" to MythTV.  Just a bug
>>> that someone needs to figure out.  If someone can figure out what
>>> MythTV is breaking (and, ideally, how to fix MythTV to not break it),
>>> we'll put that patch in...
>>>
>> For anyone who has had a problem with 0.26 and 0.27 lossles mpeg2
>> mythtranscode I think I figured out the problem and added a patch to
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11213 that should fix the problem.
>>
>> John
>
> John, thank you greatly for your efforts they are much appreciated. I
> have applied the patch however have only tested on three files. All
> three worked successfully so very promising so far. Will continue to
> test as much as I can over the next week.

I hate to say it but I've had a failure now (lossless mythtranscode to
remove commercials then post-process with Handbrake). Severe audio /
video out of sync (1sec) and a log full of errors similar to what I've
seen previously (ie "write_section_data: PID 0x192 CRC error" and "start
time is not set in estimate_timings_from_pts" for example). Link to log
file ->
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhmb75x4ma51f9g/mtccen1099_20131105100000.log.
Will re-run and see if result is consistent / repeatable.

If anyone identifies anything from the log file please let me know.

MythTV Version : v0.27-63-g8845997
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20131021-1
QT Version : 4.8.4
Options compiled in:
  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

Mark.