[mythtv-users] Album art in MythMusic

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Nov 6 00:34:44 UTC 2013

On 06/11/13 00:05, Karl Newman wrote:

>     If the tags are id3 tags then it should find the images in them.
>     If they are vorbis (Xiph) tags then we currently don't support
>     reading the Picture blocks from them (taglib does appear to
>     support them but nobody has updated our MetaIOFLACVorbis class to
>     support them). Of cause patches are welcome :)
>

> I guess that's the issue. I probed the files some more and metaflac
> finds the tag info but id3 comes up blank. Is taglib used for the id3
> tags as well? If so maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to patch that
> class since there's a pattern to follow...
>
> Karl

Yeah both id3 and the flac stuff both use taglib.

You would need to add the virtual functions from virtual bool
supportsEmbeddedImages(void) down to virtual QImage *getAlbumArt(const
QString &filename, ImageType type) ( documented here :-
http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/metaio.h#n46
) into the MetaIOFLACVorbis class.

You could use the ones in
http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythmetadata/metaioid3.cpp#n348