[mythtv-users] Album art in MythMusic

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Nov 6 00:05:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 04/11/13 04:29, Karl Newman wrote:
>
>> I was wondering how to edit the metadata. I think that's the only forced
>> use of "E" anywhere in the frontend (where there's no alternate path to get
>> there), so I don't have it mapped to anything. The menu ought to let you
>> get there, too, but bafflingly in MythMusic it seems to be only a "global"
>> menu, not a contextual (and global) menu like it is everywhere else.
>>

> It would be trivial to add a menu item for it but then you get people
> complaining because they can't find the option they want because there are
> to many menu items.  Sometimes you just can't win :(
>
> Elsewhere in the frontend there are cascading menus, you could do
something similar for "Item Actions" (or whatever).

>> I discovered something else--the new files had an album art jpg in the
>> directory. Does MythMusic not read the album art from tags? I have flac
>> files, not exactly sure which tag format though, but both Picard and MP3Tag
>> had no problems with them.
>>

> If the tags are id3 tags then it should find the images in them. If they
> are vorbis (Xiph) tags then we currently don't support reading the Picture
> blocks from them (taglib does appear to support them but nobody has updated
> our MetaIOFLACVorbis class to support them). Of cause patches are welcome :)

I guess that's the issue. I probed the files some more and metaflac finds
the tag info but id3 comes up blank. Is taglib used for the id3 tags as
well? If so maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to patch that class since
there's a pattern to follow...

Karl