[mythtv-users] Album art in MythMusic

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Nov 5 23:14:47 UTC 2013

On 04/11/13 04:29, Karl Newman wrote:
> I was wondering how to edit the metadata. I think that's the only
> forced use of "E" anywhere in the frontend (where there's no alternate
> path to get there), so I don't have it mapped to anything. The menu
> ought to let you get there, too, but bafflingly in MythMusic it seems
> to be only a "global" menu, not a contextual (and global) menu like it
> is everywhere else.

It would be trivial to add a menu item for it but then you get people
complaining because they can't find the option they want because there
are to many menu items.  Sometimes you just can't win :(

> I discovered something else--the new files had an album art jpg in the
> directory. Does MythMusic not read the album art from tags? I have
> flac files, not exactly sure which tag format though, but both Picard
> and MP3Tag had no problems with them.

If the tags are id3 tags then it should find the images in them. If they
are vorbis (Xiph) tags then we currently don't support reading the
Picture blocks from them (taglib does appear to support them but nobody
has updated our MetaIOFLACVorbis class to support them). Of cause
patches are welcome :)

> Karl

Paul H.