[mythtv-users] Alternatives to lossless transcode

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Nov 5 19:15:05 UTC 2013

On 05.11.2013 12:43, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> On 5 November 2013 15:08, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com
>     On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM, John Finlay <finlay at moeraki.com
>         [snip]
>
>         You're both welcome. Thanks for testing out this proposed fix.
>         Of course, I use lossless transcoding followed by
>         post-processing all the time so I really needed a fix for it
>         myself. I hope the devs can review the fix soon and provide an
>         official patch.
>

>     As someone who uses lossless transcoding all the time for the stuff
>     I keep. Thanks!
>
 > Until this does get merged is anyone able to provide a mythtranscode
 > binary for 0.27 (mythbuntu 12.04.1 x86_64, I'm not currently setup to
 > build my own :(

Btw, that's a good example of something "people without coding skills"
can contribute to the community.

Setup yourself to be able to compile according to recipe 2 here
http://www.mythbuntu.org/development/recipes

and to upload to a PPA at Launchpad.
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

It does take some time to do the initial setup (give yourself a day or
so) setting up another PPA or updating the first takes considerably
less time. The most time will likely go into identifying patches that
work well as fixes PPA, communicating the PPA, collecting relevant test
results to the tickets.

Regards,
Karl