[mythtv-users] Current recommended Nvidia card to replace an old failing (fan) 220?

david.scott.day at gmail.com david.scott.day at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:19:38 UTC 2013

I have been happily using MythTV using an Nvidia 220 for years but now
the fan is failing, causing frequent several second blackouts. I took
the card out and blew the dust/cat hair/etc out but the fan is still
loud and slow.

I suppose the 220 is old technology at this point and would appreciate
some guidance at to what current Nvidia card is recommended for Myth.
One slot only please, and it would be a plus if it was fanless, though
this card with a fan has been fine until now.

Thanks for the support.

Oh, and just a comment/compliment to the Devs - 0.27 is the first
version (starting with 0.21) that has been so well behaved that I can
consider Myth to be just an application as opposed to a project or
hobby!  I really appreciate your taking the excitement away from daily
Myth use!

Thanks again,
Dave