[mythtv-users] Looking for a Windows H264 editing app

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Nov 5 10:38:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 21:34:54 +1300, you wrote:

>>>I like to take recorded DVB-S movies, mpeg2, and remove the adds with MPEG Streamclip on my WinXP laptop. Works great and StreamClip is a great little app >>that works well.
>>>I am now recording from DVB-T in New Zealand which is apparently “H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)” according to VLC. StreamClip barfs with these files ?
>>>
>>>I am looking for a light replacement for StreamClip which works with these H264 files on Windows, anyone know anything ? I have done a lot of Googling and >>testing but nothing so far. It’s a little OT but I am running light on ideas.  I know there may be solutions for Linux but my laptop is Windows.
>>
>>Try avidemux.
>>
>>>Any gems of info are much appreciated.
>>
>>Have you tried the lossless_cut code referred to on the mythtv-user mailing list.
>>

>I have tried Avidemux previously and it didn't work. I just now tried the latest version and it read it but produced a file larger
>than the original. It still seems buggy
>
>If there is nothing else I will look at it more but at the moment it appears buggy especially with H264.
>
>I assume the lossless cut code is automatic add removal which I don't like nor trust :-) that is why I like to remove adds by hand

I do not know of any freeware that will do what you want, but I
believe the latest version of TMPGenc MPEG Editor can now handle NZ
H.264 with LATM audio in transport stream files.  It is now called
TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4:

  http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmsr4.html

There is a trial version you can download to make sure it will work.