[mythtv-users] Looking for a Windows H264 editing app

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Mon Nov 4 08:34:54 UTC 2013

>>I like to take recorded DVB-S movies, mpeg2, and remove the adds with MPEG Streamclip on my WinXP laptop. Works great and StreamClip is a great little app >>that works well.
>>I am now recording from DVB-T in New Zealand which is apparently “H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)” according to VLC. StreamClip barfs with these files ☹
>>
>>I am looking for a light replacement for StreamClip which works with these H264 files on Windows, anyone know anything ? I have done a lot of Googling and >>testing but nothing so far. It’s a little OT but I am running light on ideas.  I know there may be solutions for Linux but my laptop is Windows.
>
>Try avidemux.
>
>>Any gems of info are much appreciated.
>
>Have you tried the lossless_cut code referred to on the mythtv-user mailing list.

I have tried Avidemux previously and it didn't work. I just now tried the latest version and it read it but produced a file larger
than the original. It still seems buggy

If there is nothing else I will look at it more but at the moment it appears buggy especially with H264.

I assume the lossless cut code is automatic add removal which I don't like nor trust :-) that is why I like to remove adds by hand