[mythtv-users] Mirobridge and v0.27 Recording Rule Duplicates

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 16:45:04 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:

> Daniel,
> Yes Mirobridge is still maintained.  I use it every day with Mythtv v0.27
> and am not having the issue you mentioned.  I have Miro v6.0 installed.
>  What version are you using?
>
> Miro v6.0 does have an issue where some channels suddenly start
> downloading old videos.  This is a Miro issue which I have seen
> occasionally in previous versions. To correct it you need to go through the
> Miro UI.
>
> I'm going to suggest you clean up Miro from its UI then run from a command
> line:
> . /mirobridge -Vn
>
> That command should cleanup any bad MythTV (MiroBridge related) DB records
> but skip any new Miro downloads. Then use the Mythtv FE to check to see if
> you have any duplicates.
>
> Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the info.  I have also noticed the case where old videos get
downloaded.  It is really annoying.  I either just delete them and let them
download until all old ones are then gone (usually if I am away from the
house), or, do as you say and go into Miro and just delete them from there.

I am running Miro version 4.0.4.

i ran mirobridge.py -Vn but it did not clean up the duplicate recording
rules.

I do see, as of right now, only one recording from mirobridge download in
my playlist.

Thanks,
Dan

--