[mythtv-users] frequent 0 byte recording with hd pvr after upgrade to ubuntu 13.10/mythtv 0.27

Oz Dror odror7 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 15:48:23 UTC 2013

Thank you for your detail answer. I suspected that it was some how related
to the USB3. It seems that it was worse in my USB 3 ports than on the 2. I
have only 2 USB2 ports. I cannot disable the USB3 ports (I need several usb
ports). I do not have additional space  for PCI cards.

I have added the debug flag and I am waiting for results. For now the only
practical solution is to turn the HDPVR Off/On after each recording.
(because the first or second recordings will work fine after turning
on/off).

Until there is a fix, is there any way to turn the  hdpvr on/off using the
software. (unloading/loading the hdpvr module is not enough).

in the wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR)  HD-PVR killer is
mentioned. I was not able to find this program. I was able to find only an
old link that did not work when I tried to compile. (
https://github.com/Beirdo/hdpvr-killer)