[mythtv-users] Album art in MythMusic

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Nov 3 09:14:20 UTC 2013

On Saturday 02 Nov 2013 19:44:04 Karl Newman wrote:
> I recently updated my flac files to add album art and fix the tagging, etc.
> However, when I perform a re-scan, it doesn't pick up the added album art
> tags. For new files, it does detect it and display it correctly, so it
> shouldn't be a tag format issue. I hope there's a way to trigger MythMusic
> to detect it. It would be annoying to have to re-import everything (and set
> up all the playlists again).

It's likely that when you updated the tags, the tagging program deliberately preserved
the modification timestamp, I know EasyTag does this by default. As a result MythTV
doesn't recognise that the files have altered in anyway and skips them in the scan.

The best solution would be to 'touch' all those files. Alternatively, if you've only
modified a few files you can manually request mythmusic to recheck for album art
track by track. Press E on a selected track to bring up the Metadata Editor, select the
Album Artwork button, then press MENU, select Rescan for Images.
--
Stuart Morgan