[mythtv-users] Need to prevent SD source from picking up HD channels.

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Nov 2 13:36:49 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> The "official" recommended
> myth way of dealing with it (that I've seen on this list) is something like
> download the full list, delete the channels for the tuner which can't access
> them, then re-download for the tuner which uses the full list and then set
> the --remove-new-channels flag. I may be getting the details wrong, but that
> method is fragile and prone to a lot of repeated work when the channels
> change. I resorted to using another lineup from a neighboring city which has
> essentially the same channel mapping.

The best solution really is to use one lineup, multiple video sources,
and set the "visible" flag differently in each source.

The only thing that doesn't work well with that is channel surfing in
Live TV since Live TV will allow you to select an invisible channel,
but many people don't use Live TV at all.

Eric