[mythtv-users] Need to prevent SD source from picking up HD channels.

Erik Jensen eriksjunk at laurelwoodart.com
Sat Nov 2 08:39:07 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Stefan Jones <stefan_jones at comcast.net>wrote:

> There may be more than one way to skin this cat.
>
> I just installed a HDHR Cablecard.
>
> I still have, just in case and for recording On Demand programs (e.g.,
> episode catch up), an analog card and IR blaster connected to an SD set top
> box. (I record on demand by doing a manual record; I start the record, wait
> for the IR blaster to change the channel, then manually order the on demand
> program.)
>
> Both point at the same Schedules Direct lineup. I added the HD channels
> since the HDHR can record them.
>
> Problem: Even though I edit them out from its video source channel roster,
> the HD channels get added back in when I run mythfilldatabase. And the SD
> card and STB try to tune the HD channels if I forget.
>
> Is there  a way to keep mythfilldatabase from messing up the per-source
> channel roster?

You can add --remove-new-channels to your mythfilldatabase command line to
prevent mythfilldatabase from adding channels to your line-ups. If you have
mythbackend run mythfilldatabase automatically (as opposed to, e.g., using
a cron job), you can add the option to the "Guide data arguments" field of
the "Program Schedule Downloading Options" screen in the "General" section
of mythtv-setup.