[mythtv-users] hdpvr 2 (1512) linux/mythtv support.

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 23:54:56 UTC 2013

On Nov 1, 2013 9:18 AM, "Eric Sharkey" <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 1:05 AM, Oz Dror <odror7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I bought the new one HD PVR2 (1512).
>
> I did that earlier this year as well.
>
> > When I connect I get a blinking light which is indicative that it is not
> > seen by the PC.
>
> Yep.  That's all it will do.
>
> This was my first experience with Newegg's return process.  I ended up
> getting a second hand 1212 on ebay and despite the restocking/return
> shipping fees, I still came out ahead.
>
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Stephen P. Villano
> <stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In such cases, one ends up feeling like one is in *BSD land...  :/
>
> At least in BSD land you don't generally have any expectation that
> things will work.  ;)
>
> Eric

We should be emailing Hauppauge support and telling them that we are
returning their product because it doesn't have linux support.

Best case they write a linux driver (I can dream), worst case someone has
to write it themselves but perhaps they can co-operate by providing specs
etc.  Heh, I suppose that's not really the worst case but you get the point.

Dave