[mythtv-users] Where have default start early/late settings gone in 0.27?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Fri Nov 1 18:03:01 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 11/01/2013 09:11 AM, Bob Long wrote:
>
>> Michael T. Dean wrote,
>>
>>  On 11/01/2013 07:52 AM, Bob Long wrote:
>>>
>> [..]
>>
>>  Do the settings still exist somewhere?

>>> Instead, you now have the ability to create Recording Rule Templates.
>>> These allow you to specify values to use for basically every part of the
>>> Recording Rule.  Each system starts with one Recording Rule Template
>>> called Default.  You can set the start early/end late--or whether or not
>>> to run commercial detection and/or user jobs, or whether to allow
>>> auto-expiration, or the Recording Group, or the Storage Group, or
>>> ...--in the Default template and those values will be used when creating
>>> new rules.
>>>
>>> However, you can also create your own custom Recording Rule Templates.
>>> So, for example, you may want to create one called Movies that sets
>>> auto-expire as enabled, the Recording Group as Movies, the Recording
>>> Priority as low (maybe -50), ...  And create another called "Kids Shows"
>>> which sets its auto-expire/Recording Group/Priority and also specifies a
>>> max of 3 recordings with Record New and expire old.  And...
>>>
>> Ok... I see the sense of that.
>>

>> I found the default template and modified it for early/late times, so
>> that's good. Also added a "this channel" filter. Here (Australia) we
>> often have the same program appear simultaneously on other multiplexes,
>> so I don't want them recorded too (or am I misinterpreting/misusing
>> that?).
>>
>> Seems to work when I use the frontend to schedule. When using Mythweb,
>> the early/late times show as I've set them (good), but the "this
>> channel" filter checkbox is not ticked. What am I missing here?
>>

> MythWeb has only partial support for Recording Rule templates, and doesn't
> include support for the "this channel" filter.  See also
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/**ticket/11706<http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11706>.  Patches appreciated.
>

>  Related, I created my own "Test" template, but I can't see a way in
>> Mythweb to use it. Is that possible?
>>

> MythWeb will only pull (partial) default values from the Default template.
>  It doesn't currently support applying values from any other template (but
> a patch allowing a user to select a template whose settings should be
> applied would be appreciated).
>
> Mike

I have an easy fix for this, but I want to be sure there are no unintended
consequences because the change is in a class which is used in several
places. The recordfilter table has a "newruledefault" column which is what
is being used for new schedules (instead of the filter values set in the
Default template). Is it safe to just ignore that column or are there
circumstances where it might still be used?

Karl