[mythtv-users] Where have default start early/late settings gone in 0.27?

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Fri Nov 1 13:42:12 UTC 2013

Michael T. Dean wrote,

> On 11/01/2013 09:11 AM, Bob Long wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote,
>>
>>> On 11/01/2013 07:52 AM, Bob Long wrote:

[..]

>> Seems to work when I use the frontend to schedule. When using Mythweb,
>> the early/late times show as I've set them (good), but the "this
>> channel" filter checkbox is not ticked. What am I missing here?
>
> MythWeb has only partial support for Recording Rule templates, and
> doesn't include support for the "this channel" filter.  See also
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11706 .  Patches appreciated.
>
>> Related, I created my own "Test" template, but I can't see a way in
>> Mythweb to use it. Is that possible?
>
> MythWeb will only pull (partial) default values from the Default
> template.  It doesn't currently support applying values from any other
> template (but a patch allowing a user to select a template whose
> settings should be applied would be appreciated).

Thanks for the quick response.

Just one more question on this, I hope!

In the frontend, I create a new template called "Test", with, say, a
longer end late time.

I go to the listing page, <hit enter> on the program to schedule, but
can't see how to use that template. I see:

Record this showing
Record all showings
Record one showing (this episode)
Record all showings (this channel)