[mythtv-users] Where have default start early/late settings gone in 0.27?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 1 13:22:40 UTC 2013

On 11/01/2013 09:11 AM, Bob Long wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote,
>
>> On 11/01/2013 07:52 AM, Bob Long wrote:
> [..]
>
>>> Do the settings still exist somewhere?
>>>
>> No.  Those settings were a hack.
>>
>> Instead, you now have the ability to create Recording Rule Templates.
>> These allow you to specify values to use for basically every part of the
>> Recording Rule.  Each system starts with one Recording Rule Template
>> called Default.  You can set the start early/end late--or whether or not
>> to run commercial detection and/or user jobs, or whether to allow
>> auto-expiration, or the Recording Group, or the Storage Group, or
>> ...--in the Default template and those values will be used when creating
>> new rules.
>>
>> However, you can also create your own custom Recording Rule Templates.
>> So, for example, you may want to create one called Movies that sets
>> auto-expire as enabled, the Recording Group as Movies, the Recording
>> Priority as low (maybe -50), ...  And create another called "Kids Shows"
>> which sets its auto-expire/Recording Group/Priority and also specifies a
>> max of 3 recordings with Record New and expire old.  And...
> Ok... I see the sense of that.
>
> I found the default template and modified it for early/late times, so
> that's good. Also added a "this channel" filter. Here (Australia) we
> often have the same program appear simultaneously on other multiplexes,
> so I don't want them recorded too (or am I misinterpreting/misusing that?).
>
> Seems to work when I use the frontend to schedule. When using Mythweb,
> the early/late times show as I've set them (good), but the "this
> channel" filter checkbox is not ticked. What am I missing here?

MythWeb has only partial support for Recording Rule templates, and
doesn't include support for the "this channel" filter.  See also
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11706 .  Patches appreciated.

> Related, I created my own "Test" template, but I can't see a way in
> Mythweb to use it. Is that possible?

MythWeb will only pull (partial) default values from the Default
template.  It doesn't currently support applying values from any other
template (but a patch allowing a user to select a template whose
settings should be applied would be appreciated).

Mike