[mythtv-users] 0.27 mythfrontend using 100% cpu

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 1 12:37:15 UTC 2013

On 10/31/2013 08:31 PM, Jack Perveiler wrote:
> I was on 0.27 happily for a couple of uneventful weeks when all of a
> sudden mythfrontend now insists on using 100% CPU while sitting idle
> at the main menu (and is largely unresponsive).

Out of curiosity, do you have a ${HOME}/.ICEauthority file for the user
who's running mythfrontend?  If so, what happens if you:

sudo rm ${HOME}/.ICEauthority

and then restart mythfrontend?  If that doesn't help, try doing the same
thing and then restart all of X.

(This is just a guess and may not help, but it won't cause any harm if
I'm wrong.)

Mike