[mythtv-users] Firewire and HDHomeRun Prime to Comcast stopped working

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Nov 1 02:10:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> There are also reports that sometimes the CCI (and DRM
> and other flags) seem to (rapidly) change for some.  That
> may be some sort of hint.  But I am not sure what it is a
> hint of (I never even considered going down the Firewire
> rat hole, so I never bothered to read the CableLabs specs
> regarding firewire).

It's also possible that the STB thinks it was changing, even if it wasn't.

I had a lot of trouble with firewire on my first Comcast DHC3200.  It
was actually kind of flaky even when just connecting it to a TV as a
normal STB.  I switched from Comcast to Verizon for a few months
before switching back to Comcast again.  That was when I got a second
DHC3200 and that one worked a lot better.  I don't know if it was the
individual STB or something that had changed on the service during
that time.

If the Prime detects CCI = 0 at the same time as the STB reports CCI =
2, I'd see if you can swap your STB out for another unit, even if it's
another DHC3200.

Eric