[mythtv-users] Firewire and HDHomeRun Prime to Comcast stopped working

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 01:57:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> That's a little surprising.  I was never able to get either of my
> DCH3200 boxes to allow recording over firewire with CCI 0x2 channels.

If the CCI flags mean what they are supposed to mean,
that should prevent recording (without establishing a
DTCP connection and protected path implementation,
which MythTV cannot do), but there are certainly reports
of people able to record content with that flag setting.

There are also reports that sometimes the CCI (and DRM
and other flags) seem to (rapidly) change for some.  That
may be some sort of hint.  But I am not sure what it is a
hint of (I never even considered going down the Firewire
rat hole, so I never bothered to read the CableLabs specs
regarding firewire).

Gary