[mythtv-users] Firewire and HDHomeRun Prime to Comcast stopped working

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Nov 1 01:38:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Bob Shanteau <rmshant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did I say that I can record these channels just fine with my HDHomerun Prime
> using a CableCard?

No.

> Anyway, when I follow the instructions on "How To Check If 5C DTCP is
> Enabled", here is what I get.
>
> Channel 706 - can record through Firewire:
> 5C IMPLEMENTATION: YES
> COPY CONTROL: COPY ONCE
>
> IBTUNER 1
> FREQUENCY: 183.0000 MHz
> CCI: 0x02
> DRM: 0x00
> RC FLAG: 0x00

That's a little surprising.  I was never able to get either of my
DCH3200 boxes to allow recording over firewire with CCI 0x2 channels.

If you have a Prime can you do the following:

hdhomerun_config <id> set /tuner2/vchannel 706
hdhomerun_config <id> get /tuner2/vstatus

It would be interesting to see how that compares to the CCI value
reported by your STB.

Eric