[mythtv-users] Sudden issue with failed video scans

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Fri Nov 1 01:08:54 UTC 2013

I'm suddenly having this issue:

When trying to scan for changes on videos,
I am getting an error that i didn't before a day ago.

"failed to scan sg video hosts
 - my backend hostname -
if they no longer exist please delete them"

I have seen some postings about this being common on a move to a new backend, but this is on a current stable 0.27 install and no changes have been made, not in any directories, or the mythconverg db.  I've added video files, but the scan doesn't complete and the new videos are not available for viewing.

The ONLY thing I can think of that happened lately is a power failure (my kid turned off the server) but i haven't had any trouble getting it running again, only this one weird error.

Any hints where to start looking?

Thanks