[mythtv-users] Controlling STB with Lirc

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue May 28 17:01:47 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-28, at 11:22 AM, aaron wrote:
> On 2013-05-27 5:34 PM, "Rick" <rbonafied at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use my PVR-150 IR Blaster to control a comcast STB.  Something I
> > discovered was the IR Blaster had to be at the exact right spot for the
> > STB to read the signal.  I'm told the IR Blaster doesn't send a "strong"
> > signal
>
> Thanks for that. I had been placing my transmitter a fair bit back from the box, so I thought maybe I need it closer

I recall seeing an article about how hauppauge had made a mistake in the ir transmitter which greatly reduced its range. The author described a simple mod, a resister and led IIRC, but I can’t seem to find a link. The best I can come up with is this mention: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?20168-Hauppauge-IR-Emitter-with-MCE-Remote-Kit&p=144663#post144663

Wish I could be more helpful but while you’re struggling you might keep in mind that the stock hardware is working against you and see if your googling skills are better than mine.

- George