[mythtv-users] chaos

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Tue May 28 15:13:33 UTC 2013

Hi

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me:

SBS in Perth changed frequency
I scanned the channels (and got wrong channel numbers so)
I reset all channels, then rescanned

The channel numbers changed and all my schedules were wrong eg
Ten News at 5 recorded ABC kiddi channel

Eventually in desperation I saved, then dropped the database, then re-setup everything.
Recordings are now of the correct channel at the appropriate time. (and they are correct I watch with VLC)

My frontend play back is faulty:
I have a black screen with "Please wait" message
Audio is correct
Preview picture is correct
Skip forward/backward works (on the audio)

Live TV is likewise black, but channel up/down does not work neither does forward/back)

I've setup back and front ends many times over the years. I can't think of any thing I'm not doing
I have reconfigured both backend and frontend (drop data base) so I'm not sure what I've done wrong or not done on either front or backend. Does anybody have sage words for me please - 0.25 fixes.

James