[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel-change error on 0.25.3

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon May 27 23:04:11 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure that the latest commit has fixed it, actually. We
> recently had similar symptoms (channel change failure in Live TV) so I
> assumed it was the same problem so I updated my patches to back out all
> three commits and recompiled. I'm a little fuzzy on what happened next (not
> sure if I tested it or not) but I do know that I rebooted and it worked
> (with all 3 related commits backed out). It's possible, maybe even likely,
> that a reboot would have solved it without backing out the commits. I
> haven't followed up yet by restoring the commits. I can say that the commit
> I mentioned fixed the problem when I first tested it immediately after
> compiling. When I get a chance I'll try it again and follow up with a
> ticket.
>
> @Tom Dexter: Yes, this was 0.25.3_p20130422 which should have the fix.
>
> Karl

Thanks!  Figured I'd let you know, though it doesn't necessarily indicate
anything regarding you're setup:  I just upgraded my Gentoo systems from
media-tv/mythtv-0.25.3_p20130131 (the version prior to your issues) to
media-tv/mythtv-0.25.3_p20130422.  I verified that I had no channel
changing issues either before or after.  I am seeing a little stuttering
after channel changes that appears to be related to the OSD...nothing of
note, and it may have been doing that before.  In my case this is all with
ATSC OTA digital TV.

Tom