[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Dave Matthews n36078 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 19:27:40 UTC 2013

Doug,

Thanks.  It has been a long time since I wrote c++ but there is nothing
obvious.  It looks like the device name is being found (seems to be passing
the test) and the fail is on.  The device name appears to be the audio
device line out of the GUI with the left 5 characters removed.

  if (AlsaBad(snd_pcm_open(&pcm_handle, alsa_device.constData(),
                             SND_PCM_STREAM_CAPTURE, 0), // blocking mode
                "pcm open failed"))

Looks like I am going to have to look into the ALSA code to figure out what
snd_pcm_open is looking for.

Dave