[mythtv-users] 0.26 Airplay not working from iOS devices only

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Sun May 26 01:57:59 UTC 2013

On 25 May 2013 12:59, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> On 25 May 2013 12:03, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 25 May 2013 08:38, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
>> >

>> > Ipv6 is disabled on both the windows PC & my combind frontend/backend
>>
>> you may think it is, but IPv6 is definitely working there, and is
>> likely what iTunes is using. If you had tried to play from iTunes and
>> posted the log, you would have seen that iTunes connected via IPv6 (on
>> the link-local address FE80:xxx)
>>

>> > I also tested XBMC on the windows PC and Itunes can see it but again
>> not the
>> > iphones/ipad,
>> > perhaps there is something wrong on my network however nothing changed
>> from
>> > when it was working and when it stopped :(
>> >

>> It sounds like a DNS configuration issue then...
>> Can your iPhone resolve the hostname: mythtv.seven.lan via the local DNS ?
>>

> yeah I can browse to http://mythtv.seven.lan
>
> is there any way to force mythtv to IPV4?

Yes from the iphone

Actually looks like it is using IPV4 from the Desktop on the LAN however a
laptop on the Wireless doesn't detect the Airplay either

sorry abridged log I'll post some full logs later

2013-05-25 13:20:32.182688 D  AirPlay: Read for 172.16.107.7:65406
2013-05-25 13:20:32.182719 D  AirPlay: HTTP Request:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 03:20:42 GMT

2013-05-25 13:20:32.182724 I  AirPlay: Method: HTTP/1.1 URI: 200

Further testing shows the issue seems only to affect the devices on the
wifi network, however there are no firewalls and all are on same subnet

So I'm guessing this is maybe a router issue causing a zerodns fault

Cheers,

Anthony