[mythtv-users] Restore recorded shows from backups?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat May 25 10:19:18 UTC 2013

On Sat, 25 May 2013 19:11:58 +0930, you wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>On 0.24, trying to reimport some accidentally expired recordings from
>backup - I have a mythconverg MySQL backup before they were expired and
>the MPG files themselves from a previous hardware iteration.
>
>Assuming that all I want to do is have the recordings in the "Watch
>recordings" list (don't care about re-recording), which database table
>entries do I need to bring over? Only `recorded`, or `recordedprogram`
>and others?
>
>Andrew

Take a look at the code for MythExport.  It exports the SQL required
for programs from one MythTV box to another box if you use its "On the
Go" option.  Or you could just install MythExport and get it to export
a file to a local directory, then look at the .sql file it generated
to see what bits you need to get back from your backup.