[mythtv-users] Bad drive on .24 system - what files to save?

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Thu May 23 18:58:19 UTC 2013

If you copy over the database and the recordings, it should bring the
mythtv-setup configuration with it.  The first question is do you want to
upgrade, or would you prefer to stay with 24?  There are valid reasons for
both answers.

In either case:
Backup your database
Copy your recordings directories (and, in my case, Videos directories).

For 0.24, you can get the files from the mythbuntu launchpad:
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/0.24/+build/3392003
I used these files on my raring (13.04) system.  I had to hunt down a few
.deb's for dependencies (notably, libudev0), but some quick google-fu was
all that took.

For 0.25, you can just install from the ppa and it should pick up your
database and recordings and upgrade accordingly.
--
Doug

PS: As you can probably tell, I'm still on .24.  For those of you in the
upgrade or die camp ... meh.  I treat my myth boxen as appliances.  They
get upgrades only when necessary for security breaches or features I'm
desperate for.  I have about 8 front ends that would need to be upgraded in
relative sync with the backend, so it's an undertaking to upgrade them all.
-- D