[mythtv-users] Should Videos be considered Recorded?

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Wed May 22 14:41:44 UTC 2013

Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 5/22/2013 9:50 AM, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>> Title: Actors
>> Additional Tables: , people, credits
>> Search Phrase: people.name REGEXP '^Actor1$|^Actor2$|^Actor3$|^Actor4$'
>> AND credits.person = people.person AND program.chanid = credits.chanid
>> AND program.starttime = credits.starttime AND program.title NOT IN
>> (SELECT DISTINCT title FROM videometadata)
>>
>> Maybe you can use it for your custom recording rule.
>
> I'm not really sure what's going on here.  It looks like you're matching
> on shows with cast members named 'Actor[1-4]', which doesn't make sense,
> but is really irrelevant anyway.  The only bit of consequence is

I'm sure there is a better way, but it makes sense to me ;-) I want to
record all movies/shows with these actors, except if a movie with this
title already exist in mythvideo.

>> program.title NOT IN
>> (SELECT DISTINCT title FROM videometadata)
>
> Which comes right back to what Mike said previously about false
> positives on every movie with a duplicate title, which is specifically
> why MythTV uses more than just the title for duplicate matching.

I can live with that. How likely is it that there are two movies with
the same title AND any of my few favourite actors in it?