[mythtv-users] OT - aspect ratio and non-square pixel display

mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Tue May 21 18:25:36 UTC 2013

Quoting Jeremy Jones <jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com>:

> On May 21, 2013 10:09 AM, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> I still think you should check your X start scripts and I'll bet one or
>> more of them has a hard-coded -dpi 100 on it.  It's very common for distros
>> to add that (brokenness).
>
> I totally agree, but I did not find anything during my search, and there is
> only so much time I'm willing to invest.

Well, a "ps -ef | grep dpi" will tell you if the option is being set.
Also "grep -i dpi /var/log/Xorg.0.log" will tell you what the X server
thinks.

I have this in my xorg.conf (for an Nvidia driver) which may let you
set yours.

Section "Screen"
     Identifier     "Default Screen"
     Device         "Default Device"