[mythtv-users] custom rules didn't trigger?

kenkyee at yahoo.com kenkyee at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 03:15:16 UTC 2013

"Michael T. Dean" wrote:
> However, MythTV keeps your listings for about a week, and the Manage
> Recordings|Previously Recorded page will show you why any show that
> matches your rules recorded or didn't record.  So go in there and look
> for episodes of Nikita and see what it says.

Nothing in Previously recorded w/ Nikita or the custom rules that didn't fire :-(
And I deleted the custom rules already because I thought they didn't work :-(
Only rules that seemed to have worked are the ones that I did the below on because we happened to be watching them the day before we left...choosing an episode and saying "record weekly" works fine.

> That said, why did you use a custom recording rule for a title match?
> Why not use a normal, "Find an episode of the show and create a 'record
> all'" rule from it?

Because OTA TV listings only seem to show up for roughly 24 hrs in advance.

> I think you misspelled either "wait for a re-run" or "buy them on
> iTunes/Amazon/XBox Live Marketplace/..."

LOL.  Didn't realize that was illegal.  Thought it was the same as videotaping a TV show w/ retro video tape :-P