[mythtv-users] Methods for waking a STB from standby w/IR only

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat May 18 01:57:02 UTC 2013

On 05/17/2013 08:20 PM, Erik Sejr wrote:
> As a way around this I was thinking that I could make the channel change
> script a little smarter if only I knew if MythTV was currently in the
> LiveTV mode. Does anyone know if there is any way to get that
> information via Python or Perl bindings? Or anything else really?

This is a fragment from something else I use, and it's more that
what you need. You could remove the getRecordersList and only
check isRecording for the specific recorder you're having
trouble with.

#!/usr/bin/env python

from MythTV import MythBE
import sys

try:
     be = MythBE()
except:
     print 'Unable to connect to the backend'
     sys.exit(1)

freeRecorders = be.getRecorderList()

for recorder in freeRecorders:
     if be.isRecording(recorder):
         print 'Recorder {0} is recording'.format(recorder)

--
Bill