[mythtv-users] All videos pause secs before their end

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Thu May 16 18:06:20 UTC 2013

I am facing a very strange problem on one specific frontend. If I let any video play until the end, it enters pause 0-4 secs before end (the actual numbers I've noticed). Pressing "i" shows the video as paused. I can exit the video by pressing esc or "play", but it's annoying. No other frontend exhibits this behaviour.
The system is an amd 5050e, with Nvidia 9500GT, using vdpau for playback and optical 5.1 sound output.

Recordings are not affected.

I tried so far without success:
Updating Nvidia drivers from 310.32 to 313.18 (same as a well behaving frontend, which also has a 9500GT).
Using instead of Vdpau, Normal Playback or OpenGL.
Disabling sound upmixing to 5.1
Changing sound card to something random (/dev/null, /dev/dsp).
Using mythfrontend directly and not through mythwelcome.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Yianni.