[mythtv-users] OT - TWiT Live HLS channels and MythTV

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed May 15 11:04:22 UTC 2013

On 15 May 2013 10:28, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to say, their HLS stream as a tad disappointing in that they have
> separated all their streams per bitrates ; when the whole idea for HLS is
> that you don't have to worry about that. Here you need to choose which
> streams to use.
>
> Put all the HLS streams into one m3u8 file, and the player will
> automatically use the one best for your internet connection.
> Something myth does very well (and AFAIK, the only open source player with
> bandwidth adaptation properly implemented)

> I must say I haven't had much luck with this bandwidth adaptation on my
local WiFi atleast via Torc (fails back to the audio only stream almost
100% of the time), the same streams created by Torc will playback correctly
via http://www.*mobilemyth*.net and never drops back to the audio only
stream.

I can confirm the HLS trancoding is not falling behind as I have enabled
all 4 cores

Cheers,

Anthony