[mythtv-users] how to switch a channel to a different frequency?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 14 22:54:54 UTC 2013

On 05/13/2013 11:57 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
> I scrolled through the guide for KTVU but it just said "unknown"
> everywhere, so it looks like it's not getting any data at all.
> "mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all" didn't change that. How does it
> actually match up the channels defined in mythtv with the channels
> I've enabled on schedulesdirect? Is it purely by the numeric id
> (19571/76387), the call sign, or something else?

It's purely XMLTV ID.  Therefore, if you have the right XMLTV ID on the
new channel, you likely have another channel in MythTV defined to use
the same XMLTV ID.  mythfilldatabase will only put data into the first
channel it finds with that XMLTV ID.

> One other thing I noticed was that my existing KTVU recordings are
> fine before April 15, and corrupted/unwatchable after. April 15 is
> when I last did a full channel scan to resolve an issue with a
> different channel. The non-corrupted recordings from before that time
> are all prefixed with 1665_, whereas the corrupted/unwatchable ones
> are prefixed with 1670_. The "other" KTVU I configured earlier today
> has a prefix of 1672 it seems. Not sure what that prefix actually
> means though or whether it's even relevant here.

That won't affect anything.  It's just an internal identifier used by
MythTV for channels.

Mike