[mythtv-users] My port is missing ???

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue May 14 17:45:35 UTC 2013

On 05/14/2013 11:42 AM, Joseph DeGraw wrote:
> I did post about this before but Iam posting this problem with some better clarity.
>
> It seems port 6544 does not show up on my combo FE/BE system running mythbuntu 12.04 and mythtv .26. This is a new box I built that I have been
> using now for about 3 weeks. Everything runs fine on it and Iam quite happy. However, Im looking athooking up a basic FE computer to the TV in
> the main bedroom. I also want to access it via my smartphone. Of course, I cannot access the BE mythtv because I have no port 6544 showing up.
> Here are the ports I have open:
>
> Nmap scan report for localhost (127.0.0.1)
> Host is up (0.00023s latency).
> Not shown: 988 closed ports
> PORT     STATE SERVICE
> 22/tcp   open  ssh
> 53/tcp   open  domain
> 80/tcp   open  http
> 111/tcp  open  rpcbind
> 139/tcp  open  netbios-ssn
> 445/tcp  open  microsoft-ds
> 2049/tcp open  nfs
> 3306/tcp open  mysql
> 5100/tcp open  admd
> 5900/tcp open  vnc
> 6543/tcp open  mythtv
> 6547/tcp open  powerchuteplus
>
> If I run 'netstat -antu' I see the port there:
>
> tcp        0      0 10.0.1.12:6544 0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:6544 0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
>
> Im not that experienced with netstat. But to me it seems the port is there but something blocking it??? Im not running a firewall on the box and
> basic networking (ssh, mythweb, RDP) runs just fine. Its just that port 6544 does not show up.
>
> Perhaps I have done something wrong? I dont know what. Perhaps someone on the mailing list can take a second look and give me some pointers as
> to what I should look for to solve this. I would really like to get my smartphone working with mythtv.

Hi;

I never saw a response to my request for your logs:

 > OK, time to look at your logs. The best way is to stop the backend
 > and restart it from the command line, like this:
 >
 >   sudo stop mythtv-backend
 >     Wait 10 seconds for it to stop
 >   sudo mythbackend --logpath /tmp --loglevel debug -v upnp --user mythtv
 >     Wait until you see a message like: "Scheduler: Seem to be woken up by USER"
 >   Type control-c to stop the backend
 >     Assuming you want it running, restart it with: sudo start mythtv-backend
 >
 > You'll now have a good (and detailed) log file in /tmp with a name similar to this:
 >
 >    mythbackend.20130509223217.22650.log
 >
 > Pastebin that log please and put a link to the pastebin here.
 >
 > We're looking to see why port 6544 isn't responding.

There are a number of things done at startup that should appear in the
logs. Your nmap/netstat commands are a very good diagnostic tools, but
we really don't know any more than: you can't connect to port 6544.

The log file as generated above will be fairly short, maybe 100
lines. This Wiki may be of help: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Posting_Logs

--
Bill