[mythtv-users] Requeue All Shows Not Commflagged?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon May 13 22:59:32 UTC 2013

On 5/13/2013 6:11 PM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> On 5/13/2013 9:50 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> Why not just run '/usr/bin/mythcommflag --queue'? It does the same exact
>> thing.
>
> Well that answers my third question about duplicating something that
> already exists.  :D  I did read the wiki page for mythcommflag
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcommflag) but the '--queue' option
> seemed to be something used in addition to '--chanid' and '--starttime'.

When in doubt, check the terminal help.  If one option requires another,
it will say so, as below:

 >mythcommflag --help chanid
Requires the use of:
  --starttime

> 1. Is a 'for' loop the proper loop to use?  I fiddled with 'while' and
> 'read' and 'read line' but couldn't get those to work either.
>
> 2. How do I get the newline added so I can make this a script?

In my honest opinion, you don't. If you want to interface with MySQL,
use a proper programming language with proper database bindings. Perl
and Python are popular options. The value of batch languages like Bash
is when you want to guarantee the interpreter is there, and has few to
no dependencies. It's very useful for things like init scripts. It's
decreasingly useful the larger and/or more complex your script grows.