[mythtv-users] Intel hd 4000 support

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon May 13 04:54:23 UTC 2013

On 13 May 2013 13:18, Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I am in the market looking for an uktrabook which is easy to carry around.
> Most ultrabooks use intel hd 4000 graphics card. How well does mythtv
> support it? Does it provide hardware acceleration similar to vdpau?
> Tx

myth supports VAAPI hardware accelerated decoding.
nowhere near as powerful and flexible as VDPAU (especially in regards to
deinterlacing).

The things to keep in mind, is that most laptop modern enough to have a
HD4000, are likely fast enough to software decode anything you throw at
them to start with.