[mythtv-users] Losslesscut error

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat May 11 23:31:54 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com>wrote:

> Nick,
>     Just after click the send button I had another thought.When you first
> run the lossless_cut script with the "--test" option, in additionto
> performing a test it writes out the initial configuration file
> "~/.mythtv/lossless_cut.cfg". I see how you arespecifying the "-umythtv"
> user. Is there a chance that this is a permissions error issuewhen the
> script tries to write the configuration file?
>
> Just a thought.

Thanks for your responses Doug. I looked in ~mythtv/.mythtv/ and sure
enough no config file was there. So I did sudo su - mythtv and sure enough
the test line worked, and the config file created.

Quite why this is so is a mystery to me, no doubt some shell difficulty.

Also I am unsure how to update to python-lxml without going outside my
ubuntu packaging. Nevertheless the --test command line tells me I have
everything I need. I will continue to experiment. Thanks again.