[mythtv-users] Thanks!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 9 21:34:35 UTC 2013

I wanted to send a message to the list to say, "Thank you," to everyone
who has contributed time and effort toward making MythTV better--whether
through coding, theming, translating, documenting, debugging, discussing
on the lists, helping others, or anything else to help MythTV or MythTV
users.  I have enjoyed (and am enjoying--though I haven't been too
active with MythTV, lately) working with you all and /very/ much enjoy
the fruits of our community's labor.

At the risk of publicly embarrassing one of the developers, I also
wanted to congratulate David Engel, whose first code contribution to
MythTV ( https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/86a9ef4a4d1 ) was
committed 10 years ago, today.  Thanks, David, for a decade of service
on MythTV code as well as in supporting the MythTV community with your
many patient replies on the list explaining, among other things, the
magic of the scheduler.

David joins a few other active developers who have put in more than a
decade of work on MythTV.  A quick glance at the archives shows Robert
Kulagowski, Chris Pinkham, John Poet, and possibly one or two others
among the active developers who first contributed code more than 10
years ago.  Nigel Pearson will hit his 10-year anniversary in 11 days
(on May 20th - https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8d7803eee ).  And
note that several others, including Daniel Kristjansson, Chris Petersen,
Gavin Hurlbut, and Kevin Kuphal will hit their 10-year anniversaries
next year.  Stuart Morgan, Stuart Auchterlonie, and Taylor Ralph hit
theirs in 2015.

I'm proud to be a member of this community, and am amazed at how great
the DVR we've made has turned out.

Mike