[mythtv-users] How to suspend a frontend with a usb-cec adapter

mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Thu May 9 10:30:20 UTC 2013

I have a usb-cec adapter from pulse-eight and mighty fine it is too.
I'm able to use the TV remote to control the frontend and am just
about to unplug the mce-remote usb dongle and stick it and the remote
in a box.

There's lots of information on the wiki about using the frontend to
switch the TV on/off but I'd like to do the opposite i.e. suspend the
frontend when the TV is turned off. Switching the frontend back on is
outside of MythTV control and I think will be fairly simple with the
usb-cec adapter.

In mythtv/libs/libmythui/cecadapter.cpp there is a section of code to
handle CEC comnands from the TV but it's just empty stubs so far. What
I want is to run a script from the standby command but what is the
proper way to do this?

I'm guessing I should create an event and add the script name in the
frontend setup. Should I create a ticket to request this? I can hack
code to try it out but it's going to be on fixes/0.26 rather than the
trunk.

Cheers,
Tim.