[mythtv-users] HowTo tune MySQL for schedule time and in general?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat May 4 22:15:13 UTC 2013

HI!

On my production system, it takes very long to run the scheduler:

2013-05-05 00:00:19.630711 I  Scheduled 740 items in 6.6 = 0.35 match +
0.39 check + 5.88 place

This is much faster on my test system with similar MySQL settings. The
test system has less channels, but the same guide data (for the existing
channels):

2013-05-04 20:35:04.849792 I  Scheduled 943 items in 0.9 = 0.00 match +
0.00 check + 0.88 place

Both systems have a pretty similar Core i5 processor.

In MythTV wiki, there is some tuning explained, but it talks about
InnoDB engine.

Apparently, when I look at the mysql dump of my databases, I am using
MyIsam engine.

I already ran the optimize database script. Also I followed advice from
the mysqltuner.pl script.

Anything else I can try?

Running MythTV 0.26 from March 2013.

These are my settings: